Monday, February 18, 2008

Juxtashutup.

Well. The bedroom carpet is mostly dry, which kind of means nothing, as, you know, we’re still sleeping in the living room and will be until the problem is fixed in it’s entirety; a project which should take like a week but will take like a month. There are some perks to the eternal camp out that is living room living. Dangerous perks. Perks both JoE and I can clearly see ourselves being very upset about not having when our bed goes back in the bedroom. I mean, the comfort level of video game playing has gone up tremendously. And it is way nicer to cuddle while watching TV on a bed than on a couch. I’m just saying.

What I’m not happy about, of course, is having to tiptoe gingerly through my morning routine which now does not include Action News but does include the internet. It is WAY easier to get caught up in the internet and be late for work. I mean, Action News constantly reminds you of the time! And only has 10 minutes of content, so the whole “OK IT’S REALLY TIME TO GET IN THE SHOWER NOW DANI” is made evidently clear each time a story is repeated. Also? There is no greater incentive to run screaming from the room than that fucking horrifying “Morning Mugs” song. I actually cringe and whimper if it but brushes my goddamned ear drums. Yes, it’s that awful.

On a completely unrelated note, did I mention we got shafted by the government? I was all “Weee, tax return” only to discover … uh, ooh, hey, wait, we have to pay you? Like $300? OMFG KILL YOURSELF. Honestly, like, is 15-20% of our total annual income JUST NOT ENOUGH, YOU FUCKING LEECHES? I do not wish to further finance your blundering behavior in hot & sandy places. I do not wish to help you kill more brown people and completely deplete the planets natural resources, all the while anally raping 45 million people you call your own by not giving them health insurance. Give me back my damn money!

Anyway.

No comments:

Post a Comment