Monday, December 22, 2008

And another thing.

Well, yes, it's me. Accept that Following invite.

Afresh! Anew! Or rather, lazy. Blogger does not offer a post-specific filter, and at least 70% of the stultified blog was stupid shit no one needs to see anymore; have in fact regretted letting you see it once. Since I can't go back and edit out the howling, I turned the whole damn thing off. I don't know what I expected to achieve with all that bloodletting. I do know that what I did achieve was a lot of hand-wringing and brain-poking, which is certainly not what I was shooting for. Lesson learned: if you don't know what you want, you end up getting a lot of what you don't.

Anyone who knows me even moderately well has a pretty good handle on my personality, and that blog was not an apt depiction of such. I'm fun, for fucks sake. I wrestle demons* Sure. But I don't need to wrestle them in an accessible forum. I'm not 15. I'm not even 25. Time to grow up, lock up, keep that noise away from my adoring public. Even Portugal (I'll miss you most of all.)

Censorship, maybe. I'll buy it. I could get all self-rightgeous with the "I Don't Owe You Anything"s, but it's not about that. It's about me, and the mental exhaustion that comes with tearing your skin off for a wincing audience. You don't want to read it. You might think you do ... but really, you don't. I understand that. And it's okay.

So, here I be. For good or ill. I promise to update this one at least as infrequently as I updated the other one. Hold me to it.

*for profit & pleasure, and always in spandex

No comments:

Post a Comment