Checked out this article on CNN about this website that contractually fucking obligates people to get off their asses and actually do the things they've been putting for [insert obscene length of time here]. Contractually, like, if you don't do it, your ass is paying for it in cold currency.
This is the sort of thing 1) that I need, and 2) am pissed I didn't think of myself.
So naturally I had to jump on board:
Contract End: Jul 28 2009
I commit to: lose 30lbs or more by Jul 28 2009
Target Pace: 1.00 lbs. per week
Contract Length: 210 days
Recipient of stakes: Anti-charity (Abortion: Americans United for Life), $150.00
... meaning I have to log in once a week and report my 1lb loss or anti-abortionists get $5 of my money. See? Incentive. There is an honor system, but also a "referee" system, in which someone ELSE has to log in for you and assure that you're not lying and you did, in fact, do what you said you would. I'm trying the honor system first, but I will take photographic evidence of said progress and pop it on the dusty WL blog I started months ago.
Already I'm biting my nails (they're calorie free) and trying to remember where I put my goddamn gym bag.
No comments:
Post a Comment