Wednesday, March 1, 2017

Or possibly just befriending giggolos


Not a Friday confessional, because it's Wednesday, what's wrong with you.

I fucking love the word 'lothario.' You don't understand. It is my favorite word in the entire world, and leading the fairly pedestrian life I lead, the opportunity to use this word comes up roughly never. I mean. How often does the average person discuss dudes of a certain immoral disposition, with the kind of breeze/swashbuckling air that a word like lothario brings to the table? Infrequently, I will tell you.

I love this word so much that I find myself saying it over and over in my head during the most banal moments. Showering. Chopping vegetables. Work meetings. It's a kind of intense echolalia that is satisfying on a level I can't possibly explain.

Lothario. Lothario. Lothario.

I consider adopting another dog and naming him Lothario. Not a gerbil, not a fish. You never say the names of these animals out loud. You never plant your feet, raise your voice to the heavens, and call your fucking fish from across a field. But a dog? Holy shit. I could say Lothario ALL THE TIME.

I realize this is an extremely flimsy premise for taking on a long-term and -- while rewarding -- very costly expenditure, both financially and emotionally. It's not like I'm 22, foot-loose and fancy free, and can be dumb enough to adopt a pet just so I can name it something cool.


Yes. Basically the sole reason my cat is my cat is because I desperately wanted to name a pet Fandango. So. I know. I know how this story ends.

Yet here I am, trolling various SPCA websites, looking at dogs that would fit.

Look at this dude. LOOK AT HIM. If ever there was a dog born unto this world to be named Lothario, it is THIS GODDAMN DOG.

---

Whatever. Hi. I thought I might make it the full 2 years without a post but I just couldn't see that shit through.









No comments:

Post a Comment