Friday, July 27, 2007

This, that, pending the other thing.

I just discovered this via The Onion (which is either serendipity or irony, I can’t decide which): a very sad day indeed. I always kind of hated Bat Boy, but I did thoroughly appreciate Ed Anger and the Asian guy who ate enough wasabi to render him with the ability to predict the future.

A sand-filled dump truck flipped the fuck over on 422 this morning, which left me sitting in BTB traffic for 2 hours. People were driving over medians, lighting things on fire, beating up pets … anarchy, man. My whole day is shot. I can’t wander into the office at 10 in the morning on a Friday and be expected to actually accomplish anything.

Tomorrow -- after an 8 am meeting with a caterer (honestly, 8 am? wtf?) -- I'm going to NY tomorrow for some much-needed quality time with the fo’nizz. And I have to go to Coney Island. Because those sons of whores are tearing the greater part of it down next year and replacing the wonderfully gritty, fierce & insane carnivale of my youth with some glittering gentrified nightmare. Where will the smack addicts go? I ask.

I have cow pictures. And goat & llama pictures. If I can stay awake after biking & laundry tonight, I will post them. Otherwise I’ll get to it next week.

Roller Derby update: Wednesday night practice didn’t happen for various reasons. Have rescheduled for Monday.



Entertaining wiki-type thing which I may adopt:
Words not recognized by Microsoft dictionary: wasabi, fo’nizz, carnivale

No comments:

Post a Comment