Saturday, January 5, 2008

The graph (the graph)

I'm just sort of beginning to accept that my approach to life is that of a monkey on acid. I will always stop myself in the middle of the 12th task I've decided must be embarked on right this second and shout FOCUS, and it will probably not work. It's fine. There are worse ways to operate, I guess. I'm a fairly high functioning lunatic, despite everything. At least, I think I am. The evidence lies within my ability to maintain gainful employment, interpersonal relationships, and my track record of ending an evening without something or someone engulfed in flames. Hard to measure, otherwise.

Whatever. All this to say there are about 6 things I'm currently right in the middle of and if I start to think too deeply on them, I will get daunted and decide to take a nap. Most people have the fight or flight response; I have the avoidance or sleep response. See above.

Current annoyance with the suburbs: You can't buy Vitasoy products without taking at least a 10 mile drive in any direction. And you know the whole "soy" thing -- it's hit or miss, and brand loyalty actually means something with the whole "not throwing up in your mouth" thing. Morningstar, Boca, Silk, sure, fine. But none of these companies will give me mint chocolate milk. Fuck that.

My brain hurts. Must be the atrophy.

1 comment:

  1. "Avoidance or sleep response"

    I can relate. If someone was to ask me to describe myself in three or four words, that would be it.

    And what the fuck is up with soy shit? The only soy I eat is sauce and it goes on my chop suey goddamnit. I suppose it's, what, healthier? Doesn't matter what you eat or how you live life; we all end up dead anyways.

    But of course, that's just me, and maybe I'm wrong and maybe I'm just ashamed to admit that I have a tail.

    Erf.

    ReplyDelete