And I approve! And now the annual list of the loot scored for Jesus' birthday (or, Unbirthday, going with both the Christian context and the Disney theme wrapped in one):
Due to budget restraints and [insert now cliche' muttering about the piss-poor economy here], the PA kids decided to do a Secret Santa along with both a Rancid Pollyanna (useless objects in your home you've been wanting to offload) and a Dollar Store Extravaganza. Along with the usual merrymaking of too much whiskey, Patrick Swayze, 5lbs of meatballs and a karaoke machine -- not necessarily in that order -- we had the aforementioned yuletide exchange. Since, you know, I'm married, I'm including some of JoE's loot, because I use his stuff and he lets me.
Our Dollar Store winnings:

I am particularly partial to Patriot Pride Embroidered Sport Head Bands. There is another not-pictured gem of a prize -- a woodcut of a hot pink reindeer head that is so awful/wonderful that I had to put it on display immediately. The Catch-Pop Ball caused some tears, as that is a game that haunted my childhood. I could never fucking get the ball in the cup. Not ever. Especially not the one with the string attached to it. So, thanks for that bit of salt dragged through open wounds, Connie.
Our Rancid Santa gifts:

Martini glasses & a fish bowl (both in form and fuction!). Now, personally, I see nothing rancid about either of these things -- particularly the Most Awesome Fish Bowl Ever Crafted -- but hey, one man's trash, etc etc. We have yet to decide which of our bettas will get to live in the Taj Mahal of bowls. Perhaps we'll have them fight it out.
Our Secret Santa gifts:
- One (1) 750ml of Maker's Mark whisky
- One (1) 1600 point card for Xbox Live
- One (1) copy of Left 4 Dead (Xbox)
If you combine all of the above, it's the most fun you can have by yourself on a Friday night.
On to the traditional gifts.
Media (JoE's in italics):
- The Dark Knight (DVD) - n0, I was not immune to the awesomeness of this movie.
- Mother Of Tears (DVD) - best scene of a baby being thrown off a bridge ever
- Robot Chicken seasons 1 & 2, and the Star Wars special (DVD)
- The Magnetic Fields - Distortion (CD) - about damn time
- Repo! The Genetic Opera Orig Motion Picture Soundtrack (CD) - with possibly the most hilarious song titles I've seen yet
- Ohgr - Devils In My Details (CD)
- The Gonzo Tapes: The Life & Work of Dr. Hunter S. Thompson (CD)
Games (and I'm done hyperlinking):
- Nintendo DS Lite Crimson/Black (System) - sweeeeeeeeeeeeeet!
- Iron Chef America (DS)
- Trauma Center: Under The Knife (DS)
- The Orange Box (360)
- Mortal Kombat Vs. DC Universe (360)
- Bad Company (360) - I returned this yesterday due to lack of interest
- Star Wars: The Force Unleashed (360) - same as Bad Company
All The Rest:
- iHome v9
- Ion USB Turntable
- Demonia Red Spike backpack
- Domo 2009 wall calendar
- Handbook For The Recently Deceased t-shirt
- Mooninites Will Rock Your Face t-shirt
- Darkwing Duck t-shirt
- Remote control zombie
- Stickman Action Figure
- Giant Largemouth Bass Pillow (...honestly)
- Godzilla ornaments w/ sound (x2)
- Jack Skellinton foot-in-mouth slippers
- Skull-oriented knee socks (x2)
- Visa gift cards, Starbucks gift card, Wizard's World tattoo gift certs
JoE got a few other things that I will not beg, borrow, or steal, so I've left them off. And I've done this a bit earlier than previous years, so there may be some Edited To Add notes later.
Overall, not a bad freakin' haul! Thanks to everyone who gave me/us shit. We like you more than we did prior.
Now, off the roll around in the pile.
No comments:
Post a Comment