Why am I working on Christmas Eve? Seriously? I'm stuck here til 3, then I have to go pick up Dr. Girlfriend (the car) from the shop, then run around like some sort of fowl sans head getting last minute stuff done before heading out to Jersey at like 5:30.
I started the whole Gung Ho Christmas thing way earlier than I usually do, and I'm realizing now that the reason I had such a fondness for the holiday was that I never inundated myself with it for over a goddamn month. The human mind cannot handle Christmas for a month. I was officially Done with caring at least 2 weeks ago, and I'm still forced to plod on through the respective myrhh-soaked trenches of good f'n will towards men. And that, friends, is absolute balls. I'm sort of at a point where if my cube neighbor hums one more off-key version of Jingle Bell Rock, I will leap the divider and tear out his fucking soul.
Alright, so, that's more of a personal issue than a Christmas issue. But still. The sentiment is there.
I'll resurrect the Loot List (for the none of you that remember that), and potentially introduce another one over the weekend. Four days, man. The baby Jesus is at least good for that.
Enjoy your Christmas, despite all the morale-sucking cash-hemmorhaging, and depressing aspects that goes along with it. Here are two all-purpose cards you can use that should cover all your bases.
No comments:
Post a Comment