Monday, March 5, 2012

On scraping the barrel.


1. I should probably just accept it when there’s food I don’t like, instead of making enormous quantities of it with the thought that it will grow on me. It won’t. I will never like tabouleh. I know that I should, because everything in it is something I like. For some reason, when you throw all those things together, they become awful. And now I have like 2 lbs of it in my refrigerator and it sucks.

2. HOLY FUCK I AM GRADUATING COLLEGE IN 3 WEEKS.

3. I'm going to look at an apartment in a pretty cool ‘hood (there are sidewalks! And cafes! And bars! And a music store and an art gallery and I COULD WALK TO ALL OF THEM) on Saturday. The apartment is the same price we're paying now and it has a yard and the landlord would let us paint the walls and get a dog. I will be so fucking crushed if it sucks. IT CAN’T SUCK. IT IS TOO PERFECT IN MY HEAD TO SUCK. I have been stalking it on Google Earth and there is a fucking wraparound porch. It is ridiculously Victorian. Oh god, I want it to be awesome so bad. And! And! It’s 10 miles closer to my job. Like, do you understand? DO YOU UNDERSTAND?

4. Really, I’m so consumed with 3 and 4 that I am basically useless at work today. Also, I’m starving, because I brought tabouleh for lunch, and I can’t make myself eat it.

5. OTHER stuff. My brain hurts from all the esoteric ruminating I’ve been doing lately. I am exhausted.

2 comments:

  1. The new apartment sounds great. For a firetrap, I mean. Hopefully I will get to see it this summer. (please, hold your breath)

    WTF is in tabouleh? What sort of food can it be catagorized in? I'm fucking hungry and if I cannot eat right now, at least I can fucking LEARN about food.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am assuredly NOT holding my breath, but am approaching it with a cautious optimism. =P

    Tabouleh is a Middle Eastern type vegetarian dish. It's got bulgur, tons of parsley, garlic, onion, olive oil and lemon. It should be delicious. I do not find it delicious.

    ReplyDelete