I was reading this thing at The Hairpin (do I seriously look at any other website? ever? I do, really, you have no idea; but no other site fills me with such a desire to share, you guys). And I was immediately filled with this whole, like ... I don't even know, absolutely debilitating bout of completely absurd nostalgia?
I'm talking, of course, about California Dreams., Since every time I dare to talk about this show, I am met either with blank stares or utter, painful derision, I seriously feel like me and Kristeen Spelman (her name is different now! she will always be Spelman to me) are the only two people IN THE WORLD who watched this show religiously and loved the fuck out of it.
The board game! WE PLAYED THE BOARD GAME. Like, a lot. And it's totally selling for $60 on Amazon, so I guess someone in the known universe thinks C-D was a very special part of American pop culture (so fuck you.)
[Actually, I found someone ... that dude/tte ... and ummm ... suddenly I'm like ??? That is far more California Dreams than anyone should have in one place on the internet. I dare you not to click on "quotes."]
Whatever. I stand by my pre-adolescent monster crush on Jake. And I'm sure somewhere, Kristeen will stand by her pre-adolescent monster crush on Sly.
AND WHY IS NO ONE TALKING ABOUT THIS.
Ugh. Way to make a bitch feel marginalized.


No comments:
Post a Comment