Wednesday, October 3, 2012

This is what happens when the public has free reign.


I watched most of the pilot of American Gothic last night, because ... whatever, I couldn't be bothered to browse Hulu past that part of the alphabet. In any event, it was fucking weird and kind of mesmerizing but not enough of either of those things to keep me awake through the end of the episode.

I just pulled up the wiki for it to see if the show actually had a full run with a real ending or was cancelled and left unresolved* and, honestly, in the first paragraph:
Though appearing affable and charismatic, Sheriff Buck is a murderous rapist whose powerbase [sic] is backed by apparent supernatural powers, which he generally uses to manipulate people to "fulfill their potential" and make life-changing choices (usually for evil).

What? What? I mean, true enough? I guess? But who seriously wrote that? Who was like "ah yes, this world-weary, slightly bored tone is perfectly suited to this content regarding magical rapists."




No comments:

Post a Comment