Saturday, September 29, 2007

Viva technology!



It's enough to make a bitch switch to Mac.

And you know how all the tech companies have farmed out customer support to the Philippines and what not? I am happy to report that Microsoft has kept their business in the United States. Only ... they have somehow managed to train plankton how to answer the phone. Must have been. The level of unabashed idiocy cannot be conveyed.

"I'm going to need you to press the button and lift the hard drive."
"Yeah, the button does nothing, the hard drive won't move"
"....OK. So just press the button and lift the hard drive. It's on top."
"Yes, I know where the hard drive is, I just told you it's not moving."
" Right. If you could just press the button -- "
"THE BUTTON DOES NOT WORK. REPEATING THE SAME SENTENCE OVER AND OVER AGAIN WILL NOT EVER MAKE IT WORK, YOU DAFT FUCK."

Or really, just in the first 30 seconds ...

Can I have your name?
Danielle. Balsamo. (and mind, I enunciate!)
SO that's D-A-N-N-Y D-A-L-S-A-N-I.
. . . why not, sure.

Man. I am so way more angry about the aggravation I received from that fucking phone call than I am about the damn Xbox dying. Cos I mean, like, who doesn't expect their Xbox to die within the first 6 months of purchase? I have been ready for that since day one. But the jerks? On the phone? Christ.

Thank you for your patience.
Don't bother.

No comments:

Post a Comment